January 18, 2019
OSWEGO - Oswego County Legislature Chairman James Weatherup (District 9, Hastings) today announced appointments to the County Legislature's standing committees for 2019. The seven committees oversee departments of county government and make budgetary and policy recommendations to the full Legislature.
The new standing committees are:
- Government, Courts and Consumer Affairs: David Holst (District 4, Amboy) chairman, Richard Kline (District 12, Pennellville) vice chairman, Thomas Drumm (District 16, Oswego), Heather DelConte (District 18, Volney), Nathan Emmons (District 15, Oswego), Edward Gilson (District 3, Pulaski), and Terry Wilbur (District 21, Hannibal). The committee oversees the Board of Elections, Clerk of the Legislature, County Attorney's Office, County Clerk's Office, County Legislature, Office of the Chairman, Real Property Tax Service, and Weights and Measures Office, and meets at 10 a.m. on Monday two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
- Economic Development and Planning: Tim Stahl (District 20, Town of Oswego), chairman; Mary Chesbro (District 10, Schroeppel), vice chairwoman; Edward Gilson; Paul House (District 8, Hastings), Roy Reehil (District 5, Constantia), Marie Schadt (District 19, Town of Oswego), and Morris Sorbello (District 23, Granby). The committee oversees the Department of Community Development, Tourism and Planning and several authorized agencies and meets at 2 p.m. on Monday two weeks before the Legislature's full meeting.
- Public Safety: Terry Wilbur, chairman; Bradley Trudell (District 7, Mexico) vice chairman; Frank Castiglia Jr. (District 25, Fulton), Mary Chesbro, Margaret Kastler (District 1, Sandy Creek), Richard Kline, and Milferd Potter (District 2, Orwell). The committee oversees the District Attorney's Office, E-911 Program, Emergency Management Office, Fire Coordinator's Office, Probation Department and Sheriff's Office. Meetings are held at 10 a.m. on the Tuesday two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
- Infrastructure, Facilities and Technology: Stephen Walpole (District 14, Oswego), chairman; Patrick Twiss (District 13, New Haven) vice chairman; Holst, House, Lockwood, John Martino (District 6, West Monroe), and Schadt. The committee is responsible for policies and legislation regarding the County Airport, Facilities and Technology Department, Energy Recovery Facility, Highway Department and Solid Waste Department. The committee meets at 2 p.m. on the Tuesday two weeks before the Legislature meeting.
- Health: James Karasek (District 22, Granby) chairman; Morris Sorbello, vice chairman; Shane Broadwell (District 17, Scriba), Castiglia, DelConte, Kastler, and Potter. The committee oversees the County Health Department. Meetings are held at 10 a.m. on the Wednesday two weeks before the full Legislature meeting.
- Human Services: Roy Reehil, chairman; Bradley Trudell, vice chairman; Drumm, Emmons, Daniel Farfaglia (District 24, Fulton); Karasek and Stahl. The committee oversees the Office for the Aging, Department of Social Services, Veterans' Services, and Oswego City-County Youth Bureau, and meets at 2 p.m. on the Wednesday two weeks prior to the Legislature meeting.
- Finance and Personnel: John Martino, chairman; Stephen Walpole, vice chairman; Farfaglia, Holst, Lockwood, Twiss and Wilbur. The committee oversees the County Audit Office, County Administrator's Office, Human Resources Department, County Treasurer's Office, and Purchasing, and meets at 2 p.m. on the Tuesday one week before the full Legislature meeting.
The County Legislature is scheduled to meet at 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 14; 2 p.m. Thursday, March 14; 7 p.m. Thursday, April 11; 2 p.m. Thursday, May 9; 7 p.m. Thursday, June 13; 2 p.m. Thursday, July 11; 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 15 (H. Douglas Barclay Courthouse, Pulaski); 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12; 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10; 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 14; and at 2 and 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, 2019.
Committee meetings and Legislature meetings are open to the public and are held in the Legislative Office Building at 46 E. Bridge St., Oswego unless otherwise indicated. Meeting agendas are posted on the county government website.
For more information, contact the Office of the Chairman of the County Legislature at 315-349-8230.
Questions about the Oswego County Public Information Office?