[Oswego County Homepage]
Need Help? Want to Give Help?
Then click here to visit our services page!
Be A Volunteer
- Contribute your time and talent as a volunteer tutor with a local literacy program.
- Serve on the board of a literacy organization
- If you are an employer, encourage your employees to volunteer or give release time for volunteer training
- Let literacy organizations use your workplace to train tutors and teach students
- Call 315-342-8839 for volunteer opportunities
Become A Donor
- Make financial gifts or donate gifts-in-kind (books, supplies, materials, services, etc.) to support a literacy organization or program
- Not sure which organization or program to support? You can make a tax-deductible gift to the Literacy Coalition of Oswego County and support a wide range of literacy providers in our community, click here to make a donation. Thank you.
Be An Advocate
- Be a lifelong learner
- Encourage others to be lifelong learners
- Read with the children in your family
- Let politicians and community leaders know what you think about literacy
- Do a "literacy audit" to identify and address the barriers that your organization or workplace may present to people with low literacy skills
- Invite speakers from literacy groups to speak at your service club or other membership organization
- Support family-friendly policies for education
- Publish stories about lifelong learning or literacy success stories in your newsletters
- Create discussion about literacy among your peers and friends
- Use plain language in your written and spoken communications
- Encourage awareness and sensitivity toward less literate people
Give Your Gift!
Make checks payable to: Weston T. Hyde Educational Foundation
c/o Literacy Coalition of Oswego County
PO Box 3124
Oswego, NY 13126
Questions about the Literacy Coalition of Oswego County?
E-Mail: Mike Egan, Literacy Coalition of Oswego County, Inc.